- The suspension, steering and shock absorbers in your vehicle ensure that the steering, the braking and the handling of your vehicle performs to the standard designed by the manufacturer
- All of these requirements are crucial to ensure the safe operation of your vehicle by ensuring your tyres remain in full contact with the road at all times
Why do I need these items checked?
- The shock absorbers for instance are normally either hydraulic or gas filled units that over time lose their efficiency
- When shock absorbers are not efficient the handling and braking of your vehicle is severely compromised
- The suspension and steering components ensure your vehicle can turn corners safely
- While these items are all checked during a WOF inspection often items can fail in between those inspection cycles
How do I know if I have a problem?
- Often you may feel your steering to be a little unresponsive
- You may be having trouble cornering
- Your vehicle may take longer to stop
- You may hear a strange noise under your vehicle
- Your vehicle seems to bounce a little too much
- Your steering may pull to one side
- Your steering wheel may not be pointing straight ahead
What do I need to do?
Call in and ask our experts to inspect and appraise your suspension, steering and shock absorbers. We will inspect your vehicle and appraise the condition of all components and provide you with an appraisal and if required, an estimate on what may require attention.
You will find Complete Auto Repairs mechanical services particularly convenient if you live or work around the following areas:
Dunedin South, Dunedin Central, Forbury, St Clair, St Kilda, Kew, Corstorphine, Caversham, Lookout Point, Calton Hill, The Glen, The Oval Area, Mornington, Kenmure, Roslyn, Andersons Bay, Musselburgh, Waverley, Concord, Green Island, Abbotsford, Fairfield, Kaikorai Valley, Otago Peninsula.